Monday, September 12, 2011

Praan- Absolutely Beautiful


I just had to put this song, "Praan" on here, as I have come up with many wonderful scenes for my WIP novel while listening to this song. I LOVE having music in the background while I'm writing or making a movie in my head of what I'm going to write. This song always was perfect, because it followed the natural flow of good story telling.

It starts out with slow, but haunting piano chords. Then the singer comes in with a simple melody. That is like the main character setting up the situation. Then the volume grows and soon there are drums and strings all competing for attention, while adding to the richness and depth of the singer's melody. This is when the story gets complicated. This is when the main character finds that their goal conflicts with another's or they run into a seemingly insurmountable obstacle. The passion increases as they toil away, trying to find a solution, sometimes slipping and falling and failing. Finally, they are able to overcome their difficulty and reach their goal, or realize that the original goal wasn't what they really wanted. What they really wanted was something they needed to go sideways to get. But it finally is theirs and the story fades in a resolution of harmonious chords.

Sigh!

I really do love this song, can you tell?

I have loved this song since the first time I heard it on the awesome YouTube video "Wheretheh**lisMatt?" (Sorry, I put asteriks in, but that really is the name of the video and it really is awesome. The 2008 version.)

My sister put it on a disc and I listened to it all last year until the boys scratched the disc. And of course it was right in the middle of THIS song...sigh!

But I found it again, online and it just makes me sooooo happy!

There are other Youtube versions of this song, but the sound quality isn't as good, even if the photography is better.

So, I hope you enjoy! And for you writers out there...I hope this inspires you as much as it did me!

No comments:

Post a Comment