Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lord Have Mercy

I had a several ideas for my next blog post. But after the events in Newtown, Connecticut, I felt silly blathering on about plot and swordplay when so many people were suffering. I know we all must get on with our lives eventually, but I felt it would be insensitive to "move on" so quickly, though I know no one connected with the tragedy and have no ties to that part of the country.

But today, a friend posted a YouTube video by one of my favorite artists, Alex Boye. He and the Soulsaints and the LDC Choir have put together a music video tribute for the victims of the Sandy Hook shootings and their families (and all the rest of us hurting because of the terrible violence). 

I needed some uplifting just about now.
I thought maybe some of you could use some too.


I love the call from olden prophets to be "...willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things and in all places...even unto death..."

These wonderful musicians have used their talents to reach out in sympathy, love and compassion to those who seek comfort in these troubling times.

If you want a few more positive music videos to give yourself something happy to focus on, may I recommend Alex Boye's version of OneRepublic's 'GoodLife'

Or another corroboration with LDC Choir remaking this gorgeous version of 
Mercy Me's 'I Will Rise" 

May you each find a portion of peace in your hearts during this holiday season as we celebrate Light in the midst of Darkness.




No comments:

Post a Comment