Friday, May 27, 2011

Anchors and Thank-you's

I was going back over some of my posts from last month and it looked like I had messed up this post with the music video from Mindy Gledhill. This is her cover song from her new CD, Anchor. It is so very beautiful both in music and in imagery. I feel like her words echo many of my sentiments.

When a thank-you card cannot do justice to your feelings, say it with a song. So this song is dedicated to my husband who fits the title "Anchor" in my life. I love you.
This is also for the women in the Beryville Ward Relief Society...even if you're not in Berryville anymore (all you apostates in Shenandoah Valley and Winchester <3 ). I have to give a shout out to Tanya Groll and Melinda Topham and Demere Knecht and Lisa Read...and Melanie and Joan and.. okay, I can't list you all.

But I especially want to send this to my super good friend and walking partner Emily Willson. I don't dare call her right now, because I will bawl on the phone. I love you Emily. You kept my spirits up during the hardest year of my life. You let me know that the Lord was watching over me and guiding me and blessing me. You helped me remember my faith when it was the darkest time... spiritually I mean...even though it was pretty dark at 6am in November! Haha!

I love you all! Enjoy this beautiful music and I hope each of you have an Anchor in your lives to bless you.  Many would be even better.

I also hope each of you feel anchored by the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He is there when all else fails.

He is always there.


No comments:

Post a Comment