Thursday, January 12, 2012

Extreme - "More than Words" cover ThePianoGuys & J Rice Collaboration


A combination that I would never have thought of: "More Than Words" and "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring". Going back and reading the lyrics of the rock love song in context of our relationship with Jesus Christ puts a whole new slant on them.

Imagine if you were praying or having your quiet time with the Lord and this was the response you received.

Saying I love you is not the words I want to hear from you.
It's not that I want you not to say, but if you only knew how easy it would be to show me how you feel. More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to show me
'Cause I'd already know.

Wow!
Completely different meaning.

And so many times, I say the words "I love you" to my Heavenly Father and to Jesus; in my prayers, in my worship hymns, in my lessons for the kids during Sunday School. But am I showing him that I love him with my actions. Really? Truly?

Maybe.

Sometimes, a definite, 'Yes!'
Sometimes, a much more embarrassed, 'No.'

So mixed in there with those other New Years Resolutions, I'm going to write down:

Live it, don't just Say it.

Because when we do, it won't just be Him, the whole world will already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment