Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Other Side of the Story: What's it About? Better Queries Through Movie Trai...

The Other Side of the Story: What's it About? Better Queries Through Movie Trai...: "I'm a huge movie buff, so I see a lot of trailers. Even when I watch a DVD I've had for years, I still watch the trailers. There's somethin..."

I LOVED this post on Janice Hardy's blog.

For those that are not in the writing biz, "Queries" are the letters a hopeful writer sends to an agent/publisher, telling them what the book is about and asking for representation/a chance to publish it.

I have trolled through the sites on queries from "Miss Snark" to "QueryShark". I have learned a lot from them in how to craft the letter. But THIS...was the illustration that many writers need. Using movie trailers to show (not tell) how queries and trailers work...and don't work.

Great post, Janice, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment