Friday, May 25, 2012

Coming to the End



So...my big news of the week is:

I finished my novel!

Yay! 
Throw sparkly confetti and blow the noise-makers!

Actually, there are a few addendums I must mention to make this clear.

This is the end of the first book of my now trilogy entitled "The Chestnut Maid".
It was originally one huge monstrous thing, but I finally took the advice of several people (finally) and took a step back from my "baby" and assessed the situation. And they were right. It was one story, but it could be done in three books. 
(I think I dragged my feet so long because I didn't want to jump on the YA trilogy train just because it was popular.)

So, now "The Chestnut Maid" will be three books (as long as an agent and publishing house agree with me) and the first book is DONE!

I am sending it out this afternoon to be edited.

I know there are still things that must be addressed (still is a bit too long) and I need objective eyes to tell me if I've got the story arc right (now that I've chopped it in thirds) for THIS book and then of course typos and grammar and all the lovelies that I thought I did okay on, but know will be sprinkled through out the entire 325pages.

Hey, I just found three typos since I got it back from the printers. Eep!

But still, it is DONE!

It is FINISHED.

I have proclaimed  victory over the writer's nemesis, Procrastination, and I have fulfilled my destiny!

Okay, not quite, but I'm pretty happy with being able to say, I wrote a book. 
Not writing.
I dropped the i-n-g.
I wrote a book.

Okay, I'm gonna go join the real world now. But I just had to celebrate and pass on my news and share my happiness with you. 

Yay!
*dances around the room again*


2 comments:

  1. so excited for you, Amelia. I know it's been a long time coming. Someday we'll say "I knew her when..." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled for you. Wish I could give you a hug. I am proud of you and look forward to reading it and THEN going to all the libraries and making sure all my Librarian friends know that MY SISTER wrote THIS book. Then my book club can read it as well.

    I would love to also hear about your writer's workshop

    ReplyDelete